We provide managed and supported coaches to embed the training provided. Our coaches are recruited and selected based on a robust and rigorous process:
- Demonstrating domain knowledge of high hazard industries, most have significant offshore experience in oil and gas
- Having attained NEBOSH or similar qualification
- Having undergone psychometric assessment for suitability
- Having completed a one day assessment centre for suitability
- Having completed the Foundations in Coaching for Higher Performance™ programme and the advanced Coaching for High Performance™ programme
Our coaches work to an agreed Intervention Plan to achieve the objectives of the client. We provide regular reporting to our clients to measure progress against the agreed plan. Our safety coaches have the capability to work at different levels.
Tactical coaching is an innovative approach to coaching that combines group coaching sessions on a chosen subject (often risk perception or hazard awareness) with at the work site activity coaching. The group coaching sessions are delivered to small workgroups with space between to allow practice of the new skills or behaviours. Tactical coaching has proven to be a cost effective method of increasing awareness and understanding where limited budgets are available.
Hazard & Intervention Coaching
Safety coaching in the form of Hazard or Intervention Coaching takes place at the workforce level. The safety coach at this level can be compared to a 'role model' because he/she coaches by exception and intervenes when there is a problem.
As a coach at the supervisory level the main objective is to motivate the supervisors to behave in a way which supports safety.
The DEKRA Leadership Safety Coaches work on a 1:1 basis with organisation leaders to challenge them to influence the whole workforce through their own attitudes, beliefs and demonstrable behaviours.